Bristol Lido is a restored Victorian swimming pool; the original swimming baths opened its doors for the first time in 1850.
After changing hands many times over the years, the pool was finally closed in 1990 and redevelopment as flats was threatened for several years.
Instead, in 2006, the site was bought by well-established Bristol restaurant group Glass Boat Company and underwent a huge restoration project, re-opening its doors to the public in December 2008.
Our latest project – Thames Lido, Reading
In 2012 we found another derelict lido which had the potential to be renovated in the same way as Bristol Lido.
Closed to the public in 1974, the former Kings Meadow Baths – located beside the river Thames in Reading – came under our ownership in 2013 and, after more than 3 years of painstaking and sensitive restoration, this Grade II listed building re-opened its doors in October 2017.
Both builds have used Bristol-based architects Marshall and Kendon.