Lido logo Search Icon

Our sister site – Thames Lido

In 2012 we found another Lido – derelict since 1974 – which had the potential to be renovated in the same way as the Bristol Lido. Having first opened in 1902 as the Ladies Swimming Bath, it is believed to be the oldest surviving outdoor municipal pool of the early Edwardian era.

Situated in the heart of Reading and right beside the river Thames, the former Kings Meadow Swimming Baths came under our ownership in September 2013 and 3 years of painstaking and sensitive restoration followed. On 31st October 2017 Thames Lido opened its doors to welcome guests from far and wide.

Find out more at or search for Thames Lido on Facebook.