From working within the Spa building to shucking shells in the kitchen, we will have the right fit for you. See below for a list of our current opportunities at our Lido in Bristol.
An opportunity has arisen at The Lido, and we will be looking for someone who fits into our well-established team, who recently gained a Michelin Plate in the 2021 awards. We are looking for someone who can seamlessly work with the current dynamic for the initial few months and take time to reflect, take stock and highlight ways to develop further our team, our restaurant, and our offering if needed at all. This person should not want to bring with them 1000’s of ideas to implement from the get-go but understand who we are before suggesting any potential change.
We are looking for someone to lead from the front not only on the floor but also behind the scenes by training and mentoring our team. Experience of developing individuals and building strong staff retention is a must. Managing a restaurant to maximise capacity without negatively impacting service or staffing is a skill we are truly looking for. With an upstairs restaurant, downstairs restaurant and bar and outside poolside seating, this person must be able to manage this successfully, working between all sections welcoming, managing and always maintaining the highest standard.
Re-opening The Lido toward April will be a task we have done before and the team are well versed in the processes and procedures giving time to any new Restaurant Manager to learn the floor, the setting, the systems, the offering – there is also plenty of time to get the back of house understood over the coming months.
We are heading into our first full Summer since the pandemic began, with a team who are motivated; they work extremely well together, and they will require a strong leader to choreograph them successfully through this time and onward.
We are a service driven establishment that create an environment that both our customers and staff love to be in and around.
Candidates must possess good knowledge about food and beverage in addition to superior customer relation’s skills. Experience with high volume restaurants will be hugely beneficial. He or she must have a positive and outgoing personality.
The Lido will be open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This job is a great opportunity for someone looking for a 2 to 3-year commitment and requires a characterful individual who has a strong presence on the floor alongside a thorough understanding of the needs to run a nationally recognised restaurant and bar in Bristol.
Competitive salary will be dependent on experience
Who are we?
The Lido is an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by an award-winning restaurant, tapas bar and spa. Dating back to 1849 the Lido is one of the oldest surviving Lido’s in the UK, allowing all year-round swimming. The Lido opened its doors once more to Bristol and beyond in December 2008 and has since become a venue for every occasion from daily swims, celebrations and holidays. Our Award-winning restaurant is situated in the old viewing gallery of the Clifton Pool. The idea is for guests to sit back, enjoy being served by friendly staff whilst watching the swimmers below and your food being prepared in the Wood (now Gas fuel to support the environments survival) fired oven. Our Spa provides a holistic approach to tailored massages, using bespoke Lido oils, guests can relax while hearing the lapping of the water on the pools edge.
Our unique setting sets us apart from many venues, and for that reason we are dedicated to recruiting a team that thrive of our values and ethos so that every guest leaves with that same feeling of calm and wellbeing.
What do we offer?
Successful candidates can look forward to:
· Three Course Meal for your Birthday for two at any of our four sites.
· 50% off treatments at our two Lido’s and 25% off for friends and family.
· 20% off Food and Drink at any of our four sites for groups up to 6 people.
· Full use of the Pool and Spa facilities at management due to capacity levels.
· Annual Staff Party & Spring Social Event for all sites.
· Recruitment Bonus if you recommend someone to work with us and they pass their 3-month probation.
· Management and Employee Development Plans and Courses with Natwest Mentor.
· WSET Level 1, 2 and 3 Company Sponsorship opportunities – open to all depts.
· Coffee Training and Barista Qualification with our Bristol Coffee Suppliers, Easy Jose – open to all depts.
· Department specific Training Co-Ordinators who are on site, working with the team to develop all employees at a much more personal level – think Cider pressing, Gin distilling as well as watching how our spa products are made at the product HQ – Arcania.
· Regular visits to our food, drink and spa suppliers.
· 28 days statutory leave, pension scheme, delicious staff food & more!
If you think this opportunity is for you, please send us a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter telling us a bit about yourself, your plans going forward in your career and why the The Lido could be the right fit for you. Please attach any written references. We look forward to receiving your application